JellyPages.com

Monday, April 25, 2016

Hello Old Friend!

It has officially been over three years since last I blogged. I'm definitely rusty! This will be a bear with me post as I'm going to have to get back into the swing of things. Since last I blogged, I moved to Atlanta, Georgia for a year and have been in Orlando, Florida for about a year and a half. I'm definitely a long ways from Vermillion/Aberdeen, South Dakota. It is pretty amazing how different things are. I'm numb to the culture shock now but it was scary and exciting and overwhelming for a long while. I made the awe inspiring transition from Wal-Mart to Sam's Club. There were a lot of strange changes in between with all the moves but for the most part I can't complain because I've always had a job. That's more than some people can say. There are too many things about it all to talk about in one post so there'll be bits and pieces as we go along. My music has derailed and I'm floundering a bit trying to decide what to do about it. More on that another time.

Considering that absolutely nothing has gone according to plan, I'm happy with my life. It lacks the excitement and rigor of my college days but that's just as much a good thing as a bad thing. The biggest adjustment I want to make right now is how I use my free time. It has no focus and I'd like to change that. I've been reading a lot and I want to continue to do so but there are other things I want to do besides sit on the couch all day. So that will be my goal for myself. Make better use of my free time! Aaaannnnddd go! I'm going to say that blogging is a good start...even though I'm on the couch. I'm still chalking it up as a win.

MoViE mOnDaY!!!

I've seen a couple of movies in the past few weeks. The most recent one was The Huntsman: Winter's War. I had no expectations going into this movie. I saw Snow White and the Huntsman and was thoroughly underwhelmed. I decided to give this one a go because they decided to ditch their leading lady and focus on the jaw-dropping Chris Hemsworth. Throw in Charlize Theron, Emily Blunt, and Jessica Chastain and I'm pretty much in. The movie was pretty well rounded. I laughed, I cringed, I vaguely wondered if Jessica Chastain is in every movie. I have no complaints. It was decent while not being anything special. I'll leave the trailer below and see you on the flip-side!


No comments:

Post a Comment