JellyPages.com

Monday, February 4, 2013

Florida, Changes, Superbowl, Oscars

My word! It has been a while. So much has happened since I last took the time to blog. I said when I started this blog that I wouldn't let lapses like this happen because it defeated the purpose of progress documentation. There's the proof then...I'm an imperfect person. Sigh. I've been found out...
Really though. I've been across the country and back since I blogged last so let's play a little game called "catch up"!

I went to Disney World over New Year's Eve and it was the most amazing time ever. We spent New Year's Eve in Epcot and it was really magical. We crammed massive amounts of activity into nearly everyday and did everything that you can do at Disney World 2-3 times. That might be a slight exaggeration...but it's really close. We ventured out of our cushy Disney bubble for two days to go to Universal Studios. That was also a pretty great time and I got to fulfill my dream of geeking out near Hogwarts in Harry Potter Land. While Adrian, Erin, and Phil rode the roller coasters, I sipped Butter Beer and read a book in Hogsmeade. LOVE! To keep a 12 day story short, I think everybody had a good time and it was a truly fantastic trip.

I feel some changes a' comin'. I'm not entirely sure what they are but my inner Miss Cleo is getting a spidey sense that the wind will be changing directions soon. Those were conflicting references but hopefully you were able to keep up. All I know for sure is that I'm starting to get restless. When I've gotten this feeling in the past I've transferred schools or found a new job or gotten a tattoo. It will be interesting to see what this restless feeling will lead to. I'll keep you posted...all five of you. ;)

I've signed up for voice lessons with Dr. Gesteland. I'm actually really nervous about it. I haven't done any legitimate singing since September. I've practiced. Not nearly as much as I should have been and I'm fairly confident that I won't impress Dr. G with my upkeep and advancement. It will feel so good to get my disobedient instrument back into shape. "Bring it on" says my voice. "Doin' it" says I! We'll see how much of my enthusiasm I've retained after my first lesson next week. Just getting my breath support back to normal is going to kick my butt. It's time though. Past time.

Erin's just come home...drunk. Drunk Erin quote of the evening: "You have questions, nobody answers them..." stumbles off into the darkness of the apartment. Thank you for guest hosting my blog roomz!

I had the most enjoyable privilege of joining my friends in watching the Super Bowl yesterday. Here's what I got out of it. The ballet (also known as BAL) played against Sioux Falls (SF) in New Orleans. The ballet was the underdog going into it but they managed to get a strong lead going into half time. Beyonce, joined by former Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, rocked her face off during a trippy, epileptic seizure enducing half-time show. Despite everyone's hopes and dreams, Beyonce's costume stayed on for the entire performance. The godaddy.com nerd got to awkwardly make out with the godaddy.com prostitute.  A Doritos obsessed goat carried out his vengeance behind closed doors. The power went out in half of the stands which apparently means that football cannot happen for roughly 40 minutes. Sioux Falls tried to make a comeback but they just couldn't do it and the ballet won 34-31. GO YOTES! Or as my friends Ken and Matt would say "SPORTS!"

The Oscars are coming! The Grammys are coming first but let's face it...I don't care! The Oscars are coming and I couldn't be more exciting. The competition is so stiff this year and I'm already biting my nails over it. People have already been surprised by results from the SAG's and the Emmys so it will be interesting to see who ends up taking home the little man statue. I'm slowly ticking away at the movies on the list so that I can be an educated guesser at who will win and I'm pleasantly surprised by how good everything is. I still have a few more to go and then I'll post my picks. In the meantime, I'm putting a clip of Django Unchained below. It has been nominated for Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Christoph Waltz), Cinematography, Sound Editing, and Original Screenplay. It is definitely an interesting piece of work that shows Quentin Tarantino at his best. Yup!

1 comment:

  1. That is really amazing experience to developing a game. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete